Places of interest
Ancient Phoenician settlement: Remains of Aldovesta, a seventh-century BC settlement.
Iberian settlement at Castellot de la Roca Roja: It is easy to imagine what life must have been like here during the 300-year period between the sixth and third centuries BC thanks to these well-preserved remains of an Iberian settlement.
La Mare de Déu de Dalt or Calvari chapel: A thirteenth-century Late Romanesque chapel built on a large rocky outcrop in the highest part of the town.
Convent: Built in 1912 in a neo-Gothic style, the old convent is probably the most spectacular building in Benifallet.
Town church: Located in the main town square (Plaça Major) and dedicated to the Assumption of Mary, it was built in the seventeenth century.
The Llagut: There is a boat landing area beside the river in the town park (Parc del Riu). River trips are available on the replica of a traditional sailing boat known as a llagut.
The Aumidiella Caves, A network of six caves located 3 km out of Benifallet. The main cave open to the public is the Meravelles cave with an array of stalactites, columns and other amazing geological features.
Old train station of the Val de Zafan Green Way: is located 9 km from the village. Rehabilitated buildings converted into tourist accommodation and catering services. Non-motorized cycling route and bicycle rental.
Culla Cave: Rock paintings thought to be of Neolithic origin were found in this cave in 1922, located in the Costumà family estate which dates back to the thirteenth century.
Cardó Valley: In 1604 the Order of the Discalced Carmelites founded a monastery here with separate small chapels in the surrounding hills for prayer. The monastery was confiscated and closed down in the early nineteenth century before being converted into a health spa in 1866 thanks to its mineral-rich medicinal waters. The spa closed down in 1967 and the buildings are now in disuse.
GR-7 (Pyrenees-Alicante): The long-distance GR-7 path comes down from Rasquera (Ribera d’Ebre) to Benifallet before crossing the river and continuing to Paüls and the mountains of Els Ports Natural Park.
Route around natural springs: a walking route visiting a series of natural springs including: the Riu, Piscines, Magrinyà, and Conduct springs, as well as the chapels of the Cardó Valley. The starting point for the walk is 15 km from Benifallet. A road leads to the old spa where you can leave your car and set off on this and other walks.
Creu de Santos path: A three-hour circular walk setting out from the old spa.
The Senyors de Costumà route: Mountain bike route from the Aumidiella caves to the spa road at Cardó, passing through the Costumà estate which used to belong to an important local family.
The 3C route: Benifallet Caves, Miravet Castle & Pinell de Brai Wine Cathedral.